Setting switches listing wifi devices is sometimes necessary when we do not want to share wifi with others. Internet speed can decrease drastically and our internet quota will quickly run out when the internet we have used by others in excess. Here there is a way that the switch / router we are only willing to accept the computer or mobile device that we have and will reject other devices that are not known.
1. Turn on the switch. Plug the network cable into port number 1 of the switch device.
2. Attach another network cable to the computer / laptop RJ45 port.
3. Right-click the network image and select it OPEN NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
4. Click CHANGE ADAPTER SETTINGS.
5. Right-click the device ETHERNET
6. Choose PROPERTIES.
7. Choose INTERNET PROTOCOL VERSION 4 (TCP/IPv4). Lalu klik PROPERTIES.
8. Fill in the IP ADDRESS as below. With the aim to communicate with the switch. Then click OK.
9. Open any browser (Firefox / Chrome / Microsoft Edge / Internet Explorer). Type in HTTP://192.168.1.1 (for linksys E900)
HTTP://192.168.0.1/ (untuk D-Link DIR-612)
10. Appears CISCO switch menu display E900. Then select the menu ADMINISTRATION.
11. On the menu ADMINSTRATION > MANAGEMENT, we can create a password for the switch. Then click SAVE SETTINGS.
12. We choose the menu WIRELESS.
13. On the menu WIRELESS > BASIC WIRELESS SETTINGS, we can give the name / alias that will be seen by the device / others. Namely on the column NETWORK NAME (SSID).
Then click SAVE SETTINGS to save the settings changes that we make.
14. On the menu WIRELESS > WIRELESS SECURITY, we can make / change the wifi password in the column PASSPHRASE. Then click SAVE SETTINGS.
15. On the menu WIRELESS > WIRELESS MAC FILTER,choose ENABLED.
Then choose PERMIT PCs LISTED BELOW TO ACCESS THE WIRELESS NETWORK.
The goal is that only wifi devices are registered that may use wifi.
Then enter MAC ADDRESS from the device you wish to register. Then click SAVE SETTINGS.
16. We recommend that ENABLE WIRELESS ISOLATION is checked. This will limit the users connected to the Wi-Fi network. They cannot interact with devices connected to a more secure wired network. Also unable to communicate with each other. They can only access the Internet.
Google Chromecast to TV cannot work if WIRELESS ISOLATION is on ENABLE. Therefore, if Google Chromecast to TV will be used again, then ENABLE WIRELESS ISOLATION is returned to an unchecked state.
Close the browser. Then please disconnect the network cable from your computer / laptop.
Please reconnect the network cable from the router to the E900 switch.
17. That’s how Setting switches listing wifi devices. Thank you for your attention.
Toko Resmi Terabit Komputer
(Saat awal bergabung, wajib memperkenalkan diri Anda)